- ItemDeterminación experimental del límite de detección, en el análisis de metales pesados en organismos marinos, por espectrofotometría de absorción atómica(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1984) Moreno, V.J.; Pérez, A.The determination limit is defined as the minimum concentration of a substance in a sample that can be distinguished from the background with a given probability, using a particular analytical method. It is assumed that the concept of detention can be used satisfactorily to quality an analytical method. Some criteria which are necessary for intercalibration purpose are given in this paper. An algebraic method to calculate the detection limit easily and with minimum experimental work was developed. A method to determine the number of repetitions needed when the levels of the analyzed substance are near or under the detection limit of the method is also shown.
- ItemSuplemento a "Los dinoflagelados del Atlántico Sudoccidental"(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1984) Balech, E.; Akselman, Rut; Negri, R.M.The present work is a supplement of the monography "The dinoflagellates of the Southwestern Atlantic" by E. Balech (in press). Eightenn species belonging to the genera Ceratium, Dinophysis, Diplopelta, Gonyaulax, Heterochisma. Oblea, Oxyphysis, and Protoperidinium are discussed on accurt of their presence, up to the present unknown in the area. Comments on their geographical distributions, ecological requirements and morphological details are included in the work.
- ItemCaracterísticas poblacionales de la anchoíta (Engraulis anchoita) del Mar Argentino. Parte I. El largo medio al primer año de vida, crecimiento y mortalidad(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1984) Hansen, J.E.; Cousseau, M.B.; Gru, D.L.A total of 7263 otoliths were collected from anchovy samples taken during two pelagic cruises which were carried out in the Spring of 1978. An statistical analysis of back calculated length distributions of one-year-old fish (L1) was made. The L1 mean values taken by geographical latitude form a cline, with higher values in the northern samples, and decreasing Southwards. Within this latitudinal gradient two main anchovy populations can be identified, one in the region of Buenos Aires Province and the other in Patagonian waters. The L1 of the females is significatively larger than that of the males for the former population, whereas in the Patagonian area differences between sexes are not significant. The parameters of the von Bertalanffy Growth curves, as well as the instantaneous total mortality rates (Z), were estimated for both populations by each cruise.
- ItemAspectos biológico-pesqueros de la merluza de cola del Atlántico Sudoccidental(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1984) Bezzi, S.I.The distribution areas and population structure of the long-tailed hake are analized. Data come from fisheries research cruises carried out by RV Walther Herwig and Shinkai Maru in the Argentine Sea in 1978/79. Macruronus magellanicus is a typical cold waters species of the Southwest Atlantic and Southeast Pacific Oceans. Maximum concentrations were found in the southern Patagonian shelf, in coastal waters and in depths below 200 m. Spawning individuals were observed on the continental slope in the southern extreme of the Patagonian shelf (54°). The distribution area extend to 93,439 n mi² in spring and to 12,368 n mi² in summer.
- ItemDistribución del mercurio total en los tejidos de un delfín nariz de botella (Tursiops gephyreus Lahille, 1908) de la provincia de Buenos Aires (Argentina)(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1984) Malaspina, A.M.; Pérez, A.; Moreno, V.J.; Bastida, R.O.; Aizpún de Moreno, Julia E.Samples of seventeen different tissues of one specimen of the bottlenose dolphin Tursiops gephyreus, caught accidentally in waters adjacent to Mar del Plata by local fishermen (38°00'S; 57°20'W), were analyzed for total mercury distribution. The analytical procedure employed for total mercury involved a wet acid digestion followed by flameless atomic absorption. The method was based essentially on the one proposed by Armstrong and Uthe (1971).