- ItemEvaluación de la biomasa de adultos desovantes, distribución vertical y variación cuantitativa de la intensidad de los desoves de la anchoíta (Engraulis anchoita) durante la primavera de 1982(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) de Ciechomski, J.D.; Sánchez, R.P.; Lasta, C.A.Ichthyoplankton was sampled in 9 exploratory cruises in the sea off Buenos Aires province (Argentina), Uruguay and Brazil, during the spawning peak of the anchovy in spring-early summer and mid-autumn. The most abundant speices in the ichthyoplankton was Engraulis anchoita, representing 88. of the eggs and 76. of the larvae collected in all the cruises. These percentages vary boath regionally and seasonally; as regards eggs, the lowest percentage (10% ) was found in January. The distribution of anchovy eggs and larvae, covered almost entirely the surveyed area, with the exception of hte region influenced by the River Plate estuary. Minimum salinity tolerance for the species eggs was 23.5o/oo. The eastern limit of the distribution of anchovy eggs, extends in spring-early summer to the 200 m isobath in the northern part of the study area, whereas in the south rarely extends beyond the 50 m isobath. Anchovy larvae showed a wider distribution, penetrating in November and December in the brackish waters of the Samborombón bay, extending over more off-shore waters in January. As the spawning season progressed a southwards movement of intensive reproduction nuclei was observed. The average daily egg production during spring-early summer was estimated at 260 anchovy eggs/m2/day; in autumn, a ten-fold reduction of this production was observed. On the basis of the seasonal egg production for spring-early summer, calculated at 3.5238 E15 eggs and the larvae census carried out in mid-January a 98.2% mortality during the imbryonic and larval stages of the anchovy could be assumed. The spawning biomass of the anchovy during this period was calculated at 2,514,970 t. Preliminary results on the vertical distribution of anchovy eggs and larvae show that their distribution is generally restricted to the upper 50 m water layer, with higher concentrations at 10 to 25 m depths.
- ItemAlgunas características del florecimiento del fitoplancton en el frente del Río de la Plata. I. Los sistemas nutritivos(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Negri, R.M.; Carreto, J.I.; Benavides, H.R.During the spring (H-04/82: october 11-27, 1982) carried out by the Fishery Research Vessel "Dr.E.Holmberg", the distribution of temperature, salinity, nutrients concentration and photosynthetic pigments were studied at the "Rio de la Plata" maritime front. The presence of Sub-Tropical coastal waters in only station did not allow its characterization. Low Chlorophyll a concentration were noted, in association with scarce concentrations of nutrients and high Margalef index values.
- ItemProcesamiento y comercialización de la anchoíta (Engraulis anchoita) del Mar Argentino(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Bertolotti, M.I.; Manca, E.A.The anchovy (E.anchoita) is one of the most abundant species in the Argentine Sea. Distributed in between latitudes 34°S and 48°S, it has only been caught, traditionally, along the coasts of Buenos Aires Province - particulary in the vicinity of Mar del Plata. Anchovy-like items are exported both to producing and consuming countries. During the last three years markets have been lost. In order to regain them and to develop new ones, particularly in Europe it shall be necessary to compete with products that are well-priced and of the high quality and have a substantial aggregate value. The anchovy domestic market could be enlarged- with certain limitations- be developing new products.
- ItemEstudios de distribución de la anchoíta (Engraulis anchoita) en un área de extensión reducida. I. Densidades mínimas de muestreo para la estimación de algunos parámetros poblacionales(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Gru, D.L.; Hansen, J.E.Results of a research cruise carried out to estimate some biological parameters of anchovy (Engraulis anchoita), during the major spawning season, were analyzed in order to determine the minimum number of samples required to obtain unbiased values. Twelve samples of fishes were taken within an area of 607 nm². Size (total length)distributions, slope of the length-weight relationship, sex ratio and age population structure were considered. Results suggest that those parameters should be estimated by eight or more samples (corresponding to 76 nm² each).
- ItemEstudio sobre el crecimiento en peso y factor de condición en larvas de anchoíta, Engraulis anchoita Hubbs & Marini. Variaciones regionales, estacionales y anuales(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) de Ciechomski, J.D.; Sánchez, R.P.; Alespeiti, Gabriel; Regidor, H.The equation log W=a+bL (where W=dry weight in ug, and L=total length in mm)was used to describe the growth in weight of larval anchovy collected in two areas of the Argentine sea, sampled in different months and several years. Regression lines were compared by covariance analysis applied to two size groups, namely larvae less and over 10 mm total length, as an evident break in the slopes indicated the existence of a chenge of rythm in the trajectory of larval growth in length. Significant differences between the slopes of the growth lines were observed within the smaller size group. No regional or yearly differences could be established fo larvae larger than 10 mm.