Browsing Revista de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero 1986 Nro 6 by Title
Now showing 1 - 11 of 11
Results Per Page
- ItemAspectos biológico-pesqueros del abadejo (Genypterus blacodes)(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Renzi, M.A.The kingklip is one of the species that has been traditionally exploited in the Argentine Sea. Although captures were not very important, they have been increased in the last years. In this paper, the structure of the concentration areas of summer, spring and winter distribution and other biological aspects were analyzed, on the basis of the data collected during cruises carried out by R/V "Walther Herwig" and R/V"Shinkai Maru" in Argentine waters during 1978/79. The trophic spectrum of the kingklip comprises mainly food species of the Classes Pisces and Crustacea as well as other complementary groups like Mollusca, Brachiopoda and haliacea.
- ItemConsideraciones sobre la explotación del mejillón (Mytilus platensis) en la costa bonaerense. Resultados de la campaña de prospección del "Banco Faro Querandí" (junio 1981)(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Lasta, M.L.; Parma, A.M.; Pascual, M.S.; Zampatti, E.A.The fishing of the mussel (Mytilus edulis platensis) off the Buenos Aires coast was alternatively carried out over two main grounds: "Faro Querandí" and "Quequén". The fluctuations of fishing periods on these grounds must have been determined by economic considerations. An abandoned bed may be considere, for practical purposes, depleted.The understanding of the dynamics of this spatially distributed stock could enable us to link more closely the biological cycles with those of the fishing activity. Rotative fishing is suggested as a managment strategy for this fishery.
- ItemDistribución del mercurio total en pescados y mariscos del Mar Argentino.(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Pérez, A.; Moreno, V.J.; Aizpún de Moreno, Julia E.; Malaspina, A.M.Fish and shellfish samples for total mercury analysis were provided by the local fish export industry. Data collected through the years 1981-83 are processed and information was obtained on actual total mercury values in edible muscle of sampled species. On the basis of these results, future trends in mercury concentration values are hoped to be predicted. The authors suggest a revision of standards in force at present and the proposal of new ones, taking into account species involved and size of specimens.
- ItemEl aceite de pescado argentino y sus posibilidades de utilización en procesos industriales. Parte 1. Variación estacional de sus propiedades y composición en ácidos grasos(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Cuello, O.M.; Carrizo, J.C.R.As a result of preliminary works, it is possible to conclude that the argentine fish oils could be proper raw materials for the preparation of sulfated oils and another industrial products. In this work, the physicochemical properties and the fatty acid composition of twelve samples of fish oils were determined monthly during a year in order to evaluate their seasonal variations and the probable incidence on their potential applications.
- ItemEl aceite de pescado argentino y sus posibilidades de utilización en procesos industriales. Parte II. Obtención de derivados sulfatados para la nutrición de cueros(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Carrizo, J.C.R.; Cuello, O.M.Twelve sulfated oils were prepared from Argentine's raw fish oils, and three more from samples previously bleached. The samples were taken montly during a year at a factory in the Mar del Plata (Argentine) zone. Each oil and its sulfated derivative was analyzed in its physico-chemical properties. The hydrophilic and hydrophobic fractions were separated and the fatty acids composition of the latter were determined. From the results obtained, it is possible to conclude that the Argentine's fish oils sulfated will be able to be used in fat-liquoring of leather.
- ItemEl dorado, Salminus maxillosus (Pisces, Characiformes) en el Río de la Plata y Río Uruguay inferior(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Sverlij, S.B.; Espinach Ros, A.Catch per unit effort (CPUE), lenght distribution, age, growth, reproduction, migrations and feeding were studies through samples collected with longlines and a gang of gill-nets of several mesh size. CPUE data showed a progressive decrease of the relative abundance in the Río de la Plata, during the study period. Age was studied from scales. Back-calculations of growth revealed the pressence of Lee's phenomenon. Means lenghts at age were greater in females. No significant difference was found in lenght-weight regressions from both sexes and sampling areas. Only young individuals from 1 to 6 years were caught. None of the fish studied had ripening gonads. Extensive migrations were recorded both in the Paraná and Uruguay rivers. Stomach contents analysis confirmed the ichthyoplagous habits of the species.
- ItemEstudio de las concentraciones de los ácidos nucleicos (RNA, DNA) en músculo blanco e hígado de la lisa (Mugil brasiliensis) a lo largo de sus períodos de reposo y maduración gonadal(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Duhalde, G.B.; Introzzi, A.E.The concentration of nucleic acids (RNA and DNA) was reviewed, as well as the RNA/DNA coefficient, in white muscle and liver of Mugil brasiliensis adult females caught at the Mar Chiquita Coastal Laggon (37°30'S, 57°20'W) between September and March. Countrary to what observations in other species (Lepomis macrochirus and Clarias batrachus)have shown, i.e., a decrease in muscle RNA/DNA during gonadal maturation, Mugil brasiliensis would seem to maintain a proteic balance in equilibrium during the said period. No significant correlation was found between IGS and the RNA, DNA and RNA/DNA muscular variables.
- ItemEstudios sobre reproducción y fecundidad de la polaca (Micromesistius australis Norma 1937) en el Mar Argentino(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Sánchez, R.P.; de Ciechomski, J.D.; Acha, E. MarceloAn analysis is presented of reproduction aspects of Argentine Sea blue whiting. The species spawns in the study area mostly during August and September, although some spawners have been detected even in November. Total length at 50-per-cent maturity was 35,4 cm for the males and 38.0 for the females. Significant differences between the length of maturity for individuals of the continental shelf compared to those of the slope, have been obtained. The southern blue whiting is a discontinuous spawner, showing one annual reproduction peak. Fecundity was investigated on the basis of samples collected in 1978 by the RV "Walther Herwig" and "Shinkai Maru". A significant positive correlation was also observed at relating oocyte dry weight and gonad factor, whereas no correlation wasobserved between oocyte dry weight and condition factor, and age of the female.
- ItemFlota de altura : breve reseña de la evolución histórica y operatividad durante el período 1981/1982(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Bertolotti, M.I.; Cabut, D.A.This work was carried out in order to analize the ship incorporation history to the Argentine fishery fleet and the ship building policies in Argentine shipyards and ship importations. From fresher trawler fleet and freezer trawler fleet analysis we estimated optimun catch, possible catch, and natural stock for each fleet. A modern fresher fleet might reach the present value of the optimun catch, but it would not satisfy the total inshore fish factories demand unless equitable ratio between the optimun catch capacities of the fresher trawler fleet and the freezer trawler fleet be established.
- ItemRelación entre la longitud mínima de cable de arrastre a filar y la profundidad de pesca en función de las variables más representativas(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Ercoli, R.A practical and simple technique which gives an aproximate solution to the determination of minimum length of warp payed out durin a demersal or botto,m trawl operation es proposed. The method takes into account such variables as: weight in the water of warp payed out, of the otter board an the maximum trawling speed determined for each vessel in particular. The FRS "Dr. E.L. Holmberg" of the National Institute for Scientific Research and Development (INIDEP, Mar del Plata) was used to test the method.
- ItemResultados de la prospección pesquera en el embalse de Salto Grande (Febrero 1980-Febrero 1981)(Mar del Plata: Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Pesquero (INIDEP), 1986) Prenski, L.B.; Baigún, ClaudioThe present study refers to an exploratory fishing survey and appraisal in Salto Grande Reservoirs, during the first year postimpoundment, Samples were taken bimontly at six sampling stations located in different regions of the lake, using a standard gang of gill nets. The fishing effort in each station was taken as one night and the results are expressed in terms of catch per unit effort (CPUE). A survey of the species present vulnerable to the gears used, was made for the explotable species taking into account their distribution according to the mesh size and the proportion of fish at comercial size.